Fees for services that have been rendered are non-refundable once the service has been provided. Please see below for instances when a portion of the fee may be refunded. All requests for refunds must be in writing to the executive director.
- Application Fee: Nonrefundable
- Home Study Fee: Nonrefundable after the first social worker visit. If a Client closes their case after submission of the Homestudy History but prior to the first social worker visit, refunds for unexpended funds will be pro-rated based on a professional service fee. Nonrefundable regardless of the recommendation in the homestudy report.
- Agency Fee Part A: 50% of the Professional Services fee is refundable if the Client withdraws within 8 weeks of the agency receiving the Client agreements/payment; no refund thereafter.
- Agency Fee Part B: 50% of the Professional Services fee is refundable if the Client withdraws within 8 weeks after the homestudy is approved; no refund thereafter.
- International Fee: Nonrefundable when paid to CAS regardless if the Client withdraws or is not approved by the government officials abroad. However, if a child that has been identified/referred and accepted by a family is withdrawn from placement or is no longer available or conversely, if the child(ren) is available but is declined as a result of the Clients’ reasonable evaluation of the child, all or a portion of the international fee may apply to a child from that same country. If the Client(s) unreasonably or arbitrarily withholds their acceptance of a child for adoption Carolina Adoption Services shall have the sole and complete discretion to retain some or all of the fees and terminate all further obligations to the Adoptive Parent(s) pursuant to the Agreement.
- Refundable Deposit: 100% of the fee is refundable if the Client withdraws before the child arrives home. 100% of the fee is refundable if the Client submits all post adoption reports and required items to the agency. Required items are outlined in Section 10.6 – 10.10.Deposit will only be refunded if the country reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner. Deposits will be considered non-refundable if any one report is more than 3 weeks late or if 3 or more reports are late.
- Refundable Consulate Registration: 100% of the fee is refundable upon timely & successful registration with the appropriate consulate and documentation of such is provided to CAS.
- Post-Placement/Finalization Fee: Nonrefundable once a post adoption visit is complete. 100% refundable if Client withdraws before child is placed. A portion of unused funds may be considered for refund if the Client moves out of the CAS service area before completing post adoption supervision. Finalization fee is considered earned and therefore non-refundable after the placement. To avoid additional fees the family should finalized within 12 months. A portion of unused funds may be considered for refund if the Client moves out of the CAS service area before completing the finalization process.
Any refund to which Client may be entitled will be paid within 60 days of receipt of written request. Outstanding balances due to the agency for services rendered will be withheld from any refunds.
The Executive Director retains the right to assess individual cases and determine refunds for unique and extenuating circumstances.
Complete information regarding CAS fees / refunds can be referenced in the CAS Adoption Services Contract. A sample copy of the Contract is available on the CAS website and/or upon request at any time. The information on this page is for informational purposes only and is subject to change.
International Service Fees
International Fee payments cannot be accepted by credit card. If payment is made online for International Fees, there will be a processing charge of 4% of the total International Fee billed to your account.
Donations & Pledges
Carolina Adoption Services is a 501(c )3 organization. Your donation is tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Donors choosing to make a recurring monthly gift agree to applicable credit card charges upon submission of the Online Donation payment form. Recurring monthly payments will be charged for a period of 12 months unless the donor contacts the CAS Business Office to change the terms of their pledge. Charges may be stopped at any time upon request.