If your family is participating in an orphan hosting program, we are happy to provide your home safety check!
The agency you’re hosting through will require a “mini home study” to be completed by an accredited provider in your home state. We can complete home safety checks in NC, SC, and VA. In NC and SC, services are provided by Carolina Adoption Services and in Virginia, services are provided by ABC Adoption Services.
What is included in a home safety check?
- One visit to the home by a qualified home study worker, who will prepare the safety check report
- Interviews with each family member
- Description of the home and neighborhood
- Personal biographies and family income statement
- Records checks, if not being completed by hosting agency
If your family returns for a full home study within one year of completing your safety check, the pre-application fee will be waived.
To get started, contact our Home Study department with any further questions and to submit your Safety Check Application.