If your family is participating in an orphan hosting program, we are happy to provide your home safety check!
The agency you’re hosting through will require a “mini home study” to be completed by an accredited provider in your home state. We can complete home safety checks in Virginia.
What is included in a home safety check?
- One visit to the home by a qualified home study worker, who will prepare the safety check report
- Interviews with each family member
- Description of the home and neighborhood
- Personal biographies and family income statement
- Records checks, if not being completed by hosting agency
If your family returns for a full home study within one year of completing your safety check, the pre-application fee will be waived.
To get started, contact our Home Study department with any further questions and to submit your Safety Check Application.